Leidos has an immediate opening for an Instrument/Controls Engineer. The successful candidate will assist in the production of design specifications of electrical equipment and instrumentation and controls for oil and gas, petrochemical and related facilities, under direction from a senior engineer.
Duties to include: Perform instrument-engineering calculations including control valve sizing calculations, relief valve capacity calculations, and flow element calculations Perform electrical engineering calculations including short circuit coordination studies, fuse coordination, load studies, voltage drop calculations, wire and conduit sizing and motor sizing. Work closely with other engineers, project managers and designers/draftsmen to complete project assignments. Perform other duties assigned under the direction of a senior engineer.
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of electrical equipment and systems and process instrumentation and controls, including familiarity with pressure, temperature, level and flow measurement technology.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Instrument Society of America (ISA) Standards
- Experience in distributed control systems and/or programmable logic controllers
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) as applied to wiring practices within classified and non-classified areas.
- EIT or PE License preferred
- Computer proficiency with engineering software to perform engineering calculations.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.