Environmental and Chemistry activities and responsibilities
in support of plant operations. In this capacity, he/she
shares in the duties and responsibilities of the Supt. – E&C.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
- Supervises the chemistry program to ensure compliance
with Plant operating license, NRC and other Federal,
State and County regulations, EPRI guidelines, INPO
good practices, vendor specifications, and management
expectations. Supervise technicians performing sampling
and laboratory testing. Supervises technicians, program
specialists, and chemical engineers performing projects,
equipment development, etc.
- Workweek scheduling and planning, Chemistry procedure
maintenance and revision, troubleshooting equipment
problems, interfacing/collaborating with other supervisors to
- Self-Evaluation, including support and participation in the
CAP program, performing investigations and implementing
corrective actions, self-assessments, benchmarking, review
and follow-up on OE.
- Plant meetings – the Supervisor attends the Operations
meeting, pre-job briefs, Safety meetings, Human
Performance meetings, Staff meetings, Training Program
Subcommittee, Training Program Committee, and Plant
General Manager Meetings. Acts as alternate for Chemistry
Superintendent in their absence.
- Training – The Supervisor participates in Chemistry
technician continuing training, Supervisor Enrichment
training, ERO training, Plant General Employee requal, and
approves Chemistry technician training lesson plans.
Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful
candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at
a higher level within the job hierarchy
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical
school in Chemistry or Related Science
- 7-9 years of job related experience
- Working knowledge of Radiochemistry, Quality Control and
power plant regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of radiochemistry, and analytical
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
in Engineering, Environmental or Chemistry or related
- 9+ years of job related experience
526 S Church St
North Carolina United States