With minimal supervision, perform a wide variety of advanced accounting or budget-related activities including the preparation of financial statements and management reports that require the application of professional accounting standards and follow established company policies and procedures. Resolve more complex problems of broad scope and high impact in maintaining accounts or systems, preparing reports and in the distribution of costs. Interact routinely with accounting or business unit senior level staff and management personnel.
BS degree in accounting, finance or related field and three (3) years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA, MS in Accounting and/or CPA certification preferred. Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal controls. Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills and ability to communicate effectively. Advanced knowledge of computer spreadsheet and word processing software programs (Microsoft Office).
- Design, develop and/or maintain financial, budgetary, regulatory, statistical and other management reports. Ensure reporting is accurate, complete, and meets customer requirements and needs. Lead or participate in the design and development of new reports.
- Analyze and/or reconcile accounts and reports of broad scope and high risk. Review reconciliations and reports of other department staff. Update and maintain financial systems and report applications. Recommend enhancements to improve system functionality, internal controls, process efficiencies and quality of reporting.
- Prepare journal vouchers and sensitive or complex billings and payments. May review and process inventory, fixed asset and other transactions. Review activity of other department staff.
- Provide direction in the resolution of outstanding items as needed.
- Assist and advise business units in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts. Perform research and produce ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Perform monthly analysis and prepare explanations of variances to budgets, forecasts and prior period actual results for areas of the company that may involve higher dollar volume business, be more volatile or that present more risk or exposure.
- Research, review or propose accounting treatment for complex transactions by applying generally accepted accounting principles, FERC regulations, and company accounting policies. Interpret changes in accounting rules and determine impact to company policies and/or practices. Assist in the development of related internal communications and policy/procedure updates.
- Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers. Respond to business unit inquiries or data requests from all levels management. Research and resolve more complex requests. Assist senior staff or management in the resolution of issues that require specialized expertise, urgency or have a significant financial or legal impact. Provide direction to department staff in the resolution of customer issues.
- Perform advanced or technical research activities in high impact areas of the business. Identify accounting or reporting issues and implement corrective action.
- Lead or participate in projects involving cross functional teams. May serve as functional expert on project teams addressing issues that have significant impact across multiple areas of the company.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.