- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Information Systems or related field OR an equivalent combination of college coursework and experience as a Project Manager or related responsibilities defining and/or managing project scopes, timelines, budgets and delivery equaling four (4) years, and
- Twelve (12) years related project management experience.
PMP certification required. Experience managing large, complex, high impact projects. Extensive understanding of project management processes, principles and methodologies. Advanced functional/technical knowledge of the business unit¿s line of business, practices, and procedures may be preferred or required. Strong critical thinking and creativity skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment by making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. Able to understand needs and values of stakeholders and team members and apply that understanding to motivate behaviors and results. Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with all levels of personnel and other departments. Experience in directing multi-discipline teams. Demonstrated leadership, project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and people management skills. Adapts to changing environment, shifting priorities and uncertainty.
- Plans and successfully executes large, cross-functional, multi-disciplinary, high-impact projects. Develops comprehensive execution plans in accordance with internal process methodologies.
- Presents comprehensive project plan to project sponsors and management. Obtains all necessary stakeholder support and sponsor and executive approvals.
- Oversees and leads project planning, resourcing, staffing, progress reporting, people management, vendor relationships and troubleshooting. Performs high-level negotiation with internal/external stakeholders and consultants throughout all aspects/phases of project.
- Ensures schedules, budgets and resources are managed effectively.
- Provides ongoing project updates to project teams, business management, project sponsors, executive leadership, board of directors, and external constituents including regulatory agencies, customers and public officials.
- Ensures project deliverables and overall results meet or exceed sponsor and stakeholder expectations.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.