We are looking for an energetic and career oriented individual to join our Energy Delivery, M&C Gas General Construction Team. The Utility Worker position is an entry level position with advancement opportunities for motivated individuals who perform successfully. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours; travel/transfer to new headquarter upon request at any time, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment. This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E and is subject to collective bargaining. In addition, it is a Department of Transportation covered classification and is subject to random drug screening.
- Must work safely at all times as defined by PG&E's safety standards and procedures.
- Hand excavate in an ergonomically safe manner.
- Load and unload equipment, material, job site debris and maintain housekeeping according to PG&E's safety standards and procedures.
- Perform construction and maintenance on gas lines and underground electric infrastructure.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Follow the direction of their journeyman, crew lead and/or supervisor at all times
- Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and procedures.
- Must work in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain a Class A Driver's License within 12 months.
- Must be able to pass Post Offer Physical Assessment.