Provide direction and support to business management related to business unit planning and decision support. Responsibilities include developing financial and business operations models, budget preparation, variance analysis, net present values, cash flow analysis, internal rate of return calculations, operating expense and financial results reporting and analysis, business operations planning and tracking, metrics development, tracking and benchmarking, portfolio management, and decision support reporting and analysis. Gather and review data, update financial and business operations models and applications, analyze and report results. Identify risk analytic factors for use in modeling and assess impact to financial and operations analyses. Support the development of tactical and strategic business cases. Design and develop financial and operational report packages. Provide modeling and other analytical support to department staff and business unit clients. Advise and assist business units in the development of internal ad hoc models.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, engineering, information technology, mathematics or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- MBA or Master's degree and/or professional certifications (i.e. CPA) preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in financial analysis or in a financial or business operations related position in the utility or energy services industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance or economic analysis, business operations, or business planning. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) desirable for some roles.
- Strong research data management and effective communication skills a must.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.).
- Experience with some analytical, financial, and/or business operations tools (i.e. Cognos, PowerPlant, Hyperion, Maximo, MLIS, SCDW) may be desirable depending on area of assignment.
- Travel may be required for some positions.
- Provide direction and support to business units in the utilization of capital and O&M budgets, current work plans and long-range forecasts. Participate in the monthly accounting close process by performing accruals and variance analysis, and preparation of variance explanations and communication to management. Report financial events and transactions to Accounting to ensure proper financial statement recording and accounting treatment.
- Perform financial analyses supporting the development of financial models and execution of variance analysis, cash flow analysis, internal rate of return calculations, operating expense and financial results reporting and analysis, and other related financial analyses. Compile relevant data, update financial modeling and report applications, evaluate and report results.
- Evaluate operational and financial business scenarios by the utilization of corporate financial and business operations models. Develop ad hoc models to support unique scenarios or limited scope analysis. Provide support in the formulation of model inputs and processing of data through financial and operations models.
- Collaborate with Finance and Business Operations staff and leadership and business unit management in identifying, recommending, and developing tactical and strategic business case opportunities.
- Compile relevant data, perform variance analyses, update business operations models and reports supporting the execution of business planning and initiative tracking, gap analysis, metrics development, tracking and benchmarking, and portfolio management.
- Identify appropriate risk factors for specific business units or projects and incorporate into risk analytics in financial and business operations modeling. Challenge business unit assumptions and risk variables and recommend alternatives.
- Participate in design, development, compilation, presentation and communication of performance report packages for management reporting including identification of significant findings and conclusions through the use of existing technology and strong understanding of business unit financial and operations related data. Responsibilities may include completion and submission of required external reporting and filings.
- Advise and assist business unit staff in the application and analysis of internal financial models. Drive continuous improvement through the Finance and Business Operations organization and incorporate continuous improvement principles and practices into business unit partnerships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.