This position provides support to Electrical Distribution Operations, Customer Service Center and Business Offices in the Montgomery and Eufaula areas on a 24/7 basis and supports the Mobile area from 10 pm till 6 am each night. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing and executing switching, directing emergency power restoration efforts, coordinating switching and operations with the ACC and Substation groups as necessary, monitoring and operating the distribution automation system (SCADA) and taking action as needed. Various system applications are used such as IDMS, DOES, CSS, ARMS, DARTS and ARCOS.
- Must pass SDOP (Southern Company Distribution Operating Procedure) test and be added to the Distribution Official Switching and Clearance List within the first 6 months
- Bachelors in Engineering or the following job experience preferred (5 years' experience desired) 'Power Delivery Distribution / Transmission / Substation
- Experience as an Operator in a control room environment or closely related experience
- Military experience gained in the following Military Occupations: Electrical Systems, Air Traffic Control, Combat Control, Command Post, Tactical Air Control Party, Command & Control BM Ops, Space Systems, Electrician's Mate, and Operations Specialist.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively supervise and direct the work of others
- Ability to effectively establish work priorities and to plan work to meet established time frames
- Excellent situational awareness and strong decision - making ability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and stress
- Positive Influence on others and display a positive attitude
- Effectively interact with others as a part of a team effort and gain cooperation
- Ability to communicate well through spoken and written word
- Ability to monitor and control the activities and operation of multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to work a combination of 8, 10, and 12 hour rotating shifts
- Will be required to work nights, weekends, holidays and be available for callout and holdover extra time
- Selected candidates that meet the above qualifications will be required to take a skills assessment, Criticall Test in order to be considered for an interview
Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Alabama Power Company
600 N 18th St
Alabama United States