Provides security for personnel and property at the Miller Electric Generating Plant located in Quinton, AL.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controls access to plant site.
- Monitors and operates electronic surveillance equipment.
- Administers and enforces policies and procedures.
- Maintains computer based security records.
- Monitors materials and equipment delivered to and removed from plant site.
- Provides armed security service for the plant site.
- Patrols property.
- Minimum 5 years law enforcement, military police or private/industrial security experience - Required
- Ability to use and maintain a firearm and pass a qualifying test - Required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic computer knowledge using Windows based systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and decision making skills.
- Ability to learn and enforce plant security policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain a pistol permit.
- Ability to pass an annual firearm qualification.
- Ability to direct and control traffic.
- Ability to prioritize and perform security work in the absence of direct supervision.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must posses a valid drivers license.
- Must pass background investigation, physical, drug and alcohol test, and pass any required psychological screening.
- Ability to complete all emergency response training this includes: 'Confined space rescue - includes training in tight, dark spaces, and repelling off high structures on rope while on SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Fire Brigade - dressing in full fireman's turn out gear and fighting live fires while on SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Haz-Mat - dressing in a fully encapsulated suit while on SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- First Responders - Basic first aid, CPR, and AED operation
- Demonstrate unquestionable trust, superior performance, and total commitment.
- Demonstrate success in an individual role and a team environment.
Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.