Responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant equipment including coal handling, ash, pollution abatement systems, boilers, and turbine/generator auxiliary equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with supervisor and other crew members on plant equipment operating condition and other pertinent information of assigned work areas, maintenance projects, and vehicles.
- Perform start-up, operation, monitoring, shutdown and tag out of plant auxiliary equipment at the equipment location.
- Be familiar with equipment operating limits, parameters, operating procedures, systems and perform corrective action to maintain equipment within operational parameters.
- Troubleshoot and report all abnormal plant conditions and required maintenance via the 'Work Request' system.
- Complete scheduled maintenance assignments and document completion in prescribed time.
- Provide lubrication, preventative, corrective, and overhaul maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assist other PMO, IT, plant personnel, and contract maintenance as required.
- Operate all plant mobile equipment.
- Unload and transport ash, coal, and fly ash as required.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Work safely, following company policies, procedures and work practices in positive, cooperative, and productive manner.
- Be aware of and routinely inspect equipment to assure plant systems are operated per design and in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- O&M Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor