TECO Energy Inc. is an energy-related holding company based in Tampa, FL. In addition to the regulated Tampa Electric and Peoples Gas operations in Florida, the company is also engaged in coal mining in Kentucky.
TECO Energy offers exciting career opportunities for energetic people. If you're seeking to join an organization with purpose, vision and an outstanding benefits package, consider some of the current opportunities available at TECO Energy. Our goal is to recruit and retain the best talent possible. Our culture values Safety, Integrity, Respect and Concern for Others, Achievement with a Sense of Urgency and Customer Service.
The Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Technician is responsible for the instrument and controls maintenance of the Big Bend Power Station generating units, FGD systems, coal field, and auxiliary systems. This position troubleshoots instrument and controls problems, and performs preventive, predictive and repair maintenance. Normal work schedule is an 8-hour shift which includes days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays. Overtime work will be required as needed by plant conditions and business needs. Safety training will be provided and will require the selected individual to use personal respiratory protection equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform service and calibration of all primary instrument field elements. For example: Pressure.
- Troubleshoot-maintain-repair misc. controllers. For example: Turbine supervisory boiler analog/digital, burner management, PLC's, variable speed drives, etc'
- Upgrading and retrofitting plant instrumentation systems ' Installing, check-out and start-up of all hardware and software.
- Service all valve pneumatic/hydraulic actuators, positioners, and controllers.
- Perform equipment repair and maintenance on all fire protection and plant air systems.
- Service and calibrate all electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic damper drive units.
- Service, troubleshoot and repair all recorders and most electronic devices.
- Repair, calibrate, and maintain all instrument final elements. For example: Solenoids, air/hydraulic cylinders, gauges, valves, etc.
- Update prints, quick reference files, and calibration reports.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum of four (4) years of instrumentation and controls (I&C) maintenance experience, including maintaining and troubleshooting electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, in a power plant, utility industry, chemical plant or other large industrial environment/facility.
- A valid High School Diploma or a valid GED.
- Working knowledge of process condition sensing and transmitting devices, including: temperature, pressure, flow, level, proximity, weight, vibration, and associated transducers & transmitters.
- Working knowledge of control systems, including: Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, Stand Alone Controllers, and associated HMIs.
- Working knowledge of process control devices, including: Valves, Solenoid Operated Valves (SOV), Control Valves, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Actuators, Drives and variable speed drives.
- Emerson-Ovation troubleshooting skills associated with I/O arrangements and logic including field devices.
- Ability to Learn, Judgment, Ownership & Excellence, Produce Results, Teamwork, Working Safely
******* *Must successfully complete a Baseline Physical + Respirator Medical exam.***********
Salary & Benefits
The starting wage on this position is $32.99/hour.
**** Applicants will be asked to pass a written and hands-on skills test in Tampa, FL before being invited to interview.***
TECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
TECO Energy, Inc.
702 N Franklin St
Florida United States