The Clerk Specialist is an employee who performns clerical functions which require a thorough knowledge of established Power Plant policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Typical duties may include, but are not limited to payroll preparation, maintenance reports and records, work schedules, expenditure and purchasing records, plant results and computer application.
- Other duties may include general reception and administrative support, distribution of office mail, coordinate travel arrangements, keep office meeting room calendar and prepare room for meetings and presentations, provide data entry for invoicing and photocopying, prepare mailings, maintain office supply area, order supplies.
- Answer phones, maintain various office personnel lists including phone, driectlry and vacation schedules.
- Provide support for various projects as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent comibnation of education and experience.
- 2+ years clerical/administrative assistant experience.
- Must type 45 wpm net and pass a typing test as required by the UWUA union Local 127.
- Must have a working knowledge of various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Must have excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to multi-task in a changing environment.
- A combination of general business college courses and 2+ years experience working in a clerical/administrative assistant capacity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.