The City of Riverside has one vacancy available in the Public Utilities Department, Business Support Division. This recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and establish an eligibility list for future vacancies. Positions designated as Non-Classified are exempt from the classified service. The incumbent shall be appointed "at-will" and serve at the pleasure of the City Manager.
Under general direction, to assist in the over-all supervision, planning, and coordination of activities related to the Business Systems Support section of the Public Utilities Department; to perform a variety of advanced professional, technical, analytical, and administrative duties in the area of system support, system analysis, business processes and procedures and system implementation; to assist in performing department efficiency audits; to provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the Business Systems Support Manager; and to perform related duties as assigned.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the over-all planning and coordination of activities related to system implementation, polices and procedures review, and user training.
- Identify and document required modification to computer applications; consult with system users to define general and detailed specifications of current and proposed systems.
- Assist in the supervision and review of user support activities and projects.
- Participate and lead in the analysis of department business processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of system defect test methods and procedures; perform and lead others in test methods and procedures involving projects of great complexity, scope, and difficulty.
- Participate in the preparation of activity and progress reports regarding project team activities.
- Instruct, direct, review and evaluate work of staff, as assigned.
- Develop and document appropriate system procedures and forms for use in various city processes.
- Participate in developing presentations for the Public Utilities Board and City Council when necessary.
- Participate and assist in the oversight of the preparation of operating procedure manuals and training materials.
- Serve as a departmental interface with Information Systems Department as required.
- Assist in training departmental staff on proper procedures for using equipment and software.
Salary & Benefits
The City offers an attractive benefits package, the central provisions of which are as follows:
- Retirement for Current Members - For employees hired after 1/1/2013 who are CURRENT MEMBERS of California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) or a reciprocal agency as of 12/31/12 and have not been separated from service from such agency for six months or more, the retirement benefit shall be 2.7 % @ age 55; 3 year final compensation. The required employee contribution is 8%. The City does not participate in Social Security; thus, employees do not bear this additional 6.2% expense.
- Retirement for New Members - For employees hired 1/1/2013 or later and who ARE NOT a member of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) or a reciprocal agency as of 12/31/12, or those who have been separated from a public agency which contracts with CalPERS or a reciprocal agency for six months or more, the retirement benefit shall be 2% at age 62; 3 year final compensation. The required employee contribution is 7%. The City does not participate in Social Security; thus, employees do not bear this additional 6.2% expense.
- Health Insurance - The City offers seven health insurance plans and contributes up to $1,006 per month for employee and dependent coverage.
- Dental Insurance - The City provides three dental insurance plans and contributes up to $45 per month.
- Vision Insurance - The City provides vision coverage through Vision Service Plan (VSP) for employees and their dependents that are enrolled in medical coverage.
- Life Insurance - The City provides and pays for term life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment equal to two times the annual salary rounded to the next highest $1,000.
- Deferred Compensation - The City offers optional participation in the deferred compensation plan.
- Leave Benefits - Includes all the typical vacation leave, sick leave, bereavement leave, and holiday benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account - The City offers a Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plan for optional participation.
- Long Term Disability - The City offers optional enrollment in the Long Term Disability Plan.
- For additional benefits information, please visit the following website: http://www.riversideca.gov/human/benefits/benefit-summary.asp
Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligibility list which will remain in effect for six (6) months. Candidates will be screened further, and those meeting additional highly desirable qualifications may be invited to compete in a written, performance and/or oral exam. Qualified candidates will be certified for a selection interview.
The final candidate(s) will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check, verification of work experience, and submit an official copy of educational transcripts verifying obtained degrees or certificates as indicated on the employment application.
The appointed candidate will be required to successfully pass a medical examination and drug test.
The City of Riverside does not reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of this recruitment.