Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a variety of mechanical production equipment including, but not limited to, refrigeration units, hydraulic systems, high vacuum systems and automatic process equipment and may include minor electronic, electrical or other trade activities directly related to the work. TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: As required; defined by the requirements of the work assigned MATERIAL: Varies per the requirements of the assignment
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
Direct efforts of lower classified personnel or other Powerex Associates on jobs where assistance is required and assists set-up and production operators in general equipment operations, equipment knowledge, equipment procedures, preventative methods, productivity improvements, safe operating practices, etc. Train and share knowledge to newly assigned personnel and incumbents.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE OF PAY FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
- Receive written and oral instructions from supervisor or other designated professional.
- Diagnose to localize maintenance problems and identify the root cause of failure of various equipment and systems. Give instruction and training to other maintenance personnel as necessary.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all facility equipment and/or systems. Make repairs to said equipment and/or systems.
- Recommend and implement modifications or improvements to facility equipment and/or systems to improve availability, quality, performance, etc. of said equipment and/or systems.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Follow departmental and/or Powerex procedures and complete documents as required.
- Share knowledge and safe operating practices with other associates or as directed by supervision.
- Lead activities associated with equipment and facility improvements with or through team participation as directed by supervision.
- Prepare and coordinate materials and other procedures associated with equipment improvements activities. Including but not limited to 5s, TPM, PM, and Lean Manufacturing programs.
Graduate of an accredited industrial mechanic or engineering school or journeyman papers as maintenance mechanic or training equivalent to an Associate's Degree in the field appropriate to the technical aspects of this job; along with four (4) years of experience as a maintenance repairman, technician, or equivalent.
Apply for this Position