Corix Utilities provides end-to-end smart meter and measurement field services that help gas, water and electric IOUs, Co-ops and Municipalities efficiently achieve their individual goals. Our custom tailored approach allows us to deliver comprehensive, flexible and innovative solutions that solve the unique challenges of our clients.
Corix Utilities has an immediate career opportunity for a Gas Meter Technician. This is a home based position and you must presently live in a 12-15 mile radius of the Bothell,WA area.
- This position is responsible for placing/installing a meter module, such as a smart meter module or counter, onto a gas meter at residential or commercial sites to enhance metering solutions, accurately measure consumption, and ensure transmittal of signals to the network.
- Reports from own residence at beginning of shift by punching a virtual time clock. Downloads, via reliable internet connection, route information into a company provided computer. Organizes route maps/plans route.
- Drives company vehicle to first residence/business on route using provided mapping tool to locate site, and verifies address using hand held device.
- Drive or walk route to each customer site depending on the distance. May walk up to 5 miles daily.
- Locate meter and determines if it is accessible/poses safety hazards. Enter reason code into hand held device if meter is not accessible, and document with appropriate photographic evidence
- Verify meter number. Inspect the meter for any damage/hazards. Reads consumption and other necessary information from the meter index. Accurately enters information into hand held device.
- Remove meter cover and module from the meter using hand tools. Utilize a hand held device for meter data collection and verification before programming new module. Install the new module using hand tools following all current S.O.P's for that meter make.
- Takes photographs of the front of the meter showing the index and meter id tag. Takes a photograph of the bar code identification from the meter module. Clean up area around the meter, removing all garbage etc.
- At the completion of their assigned route, drives to the office in Kirkland and returns all modules. Downloads all necessary photographs taken to a shared private server. Downloads new route information into their company provided computer. Picks up their new route of assigned meters, verifies quantity/count. Returns to the field and continues to perform meter module installations.
- At end of shift, reports via phone to Supervisor, returns to own residence. Replies/sends any necessary emails, punches a virtual time clock to end shift.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Must pass Meter-Pro test
- Must have home internet access with a reliable connection.
- Prefer applicants that reside within a 12-15 mile radius of Bothell, WA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy to record meter data
- Ability to read, write, and follow and complete written instructions.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to find locations/address by reading a map and hand held device.
- Ability to key data into hand held device. Basic computer skills helpful.
- Ability to communicate and interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment and tool bag up to 30lbs.
- Must pass Meter-Pro test
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles daily, which includes stairs and unpaved/rough terrain areas.
- Must have ability to see/read hand held device and meter in order to accurately read and record data.
Work Context/Mental Demands/Physical Demands:
This position requires working outdoors in all-weather environments including rain, snow, extreme cold, or high heat. Requires travel by car; may be exposed to road related hazards. May require walking up to 5 miles daily which includes walking at a brisk pace, climbing stairs and walking on unpaved/rough terrain areas,
Ability to perform physical duties such as lifting up to 30 lbs. unassisted, walking, kneeling, twisting, turning, stooping, reaching, and bending; repeated getting in and out of vehicle. Ability to use hand tools. Exposed to unknown hazards at resident sites such as dogs. May be exposed to natural gas. Must use safety equipment as assigned.
Requisition ID 1219
Suite 100, 11020 West Plank Court
Wisconsin United States
Other relevant information
These full time positions offer a highly competitive wage, paid vacation/ holidays and outstanding benefits to include comprehensive medical dental and vision insurance, along with a 401K program with company matching.
Corix values diversity and endeavors to build upon this vital strength. Corix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.