Corix Utilities provides end-to-end smart meter and measurement field services that help gas, water and electric IOUs, Co-ops and Municipalities efficiently achieve their individual goals. Our custom tailored approach allows us to deliver comprehensive, flexible and innovative solutions that solve the unique challenges of our clients.
Corix Utilities has an immediate career opportunity for a Part Time Warehouse Associate. This position, located in Bridgeport, Michigan, will support our Consumers Energy project. This position will be responsible for performing the cross docking process, receiving stores, distributing and tracking the materials, tools, equipment and products used on the project.
Work schedule is Monday thru Thursday, from 1:30pm-7:30pm. Must be available on Fridays for a potential make up day.
- Reviews installer's daily routes and schedules and prepares for distribution of needed tools, equipment, and information for that work day.
- Verifies incoming and outgoing materials stock.
- Performs inventory control. Receives new meters and other equipment, marks them with identifying information and stores materials in designated area.
- Counts and records (performs data entry) amounts of received stock into software package such as ImagePro. Records the number of items distributed into ImagePro software.
- Fills requisitions, work orders and request for materials, tools, or other stock items.
- Reads and records information on salvaged meters and prepares meters for shipping back to utilities or for disposal.
- Reports inventory to customers on a regular basis.
- Operates fork lift and/or hand truck to transport stored items or received shipments.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience driving a forklift preferred
- Previous experience working in shipping and receiving preferred
- Ability to read, write, and follow and complete written and verbal instructions
- Basic computer skills, data entry skills
- Strong basic math skills for counting inventory
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to perform physical duties such as lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted, bending, twisting, squatting, reaching, climbing, standing the majority of the day, and walking. This position requires working indoors in a warehouse environment, standing on concrete floor. Occasionally works outside for part of the day. Uses equipment such as a hand truck; drives forklift. Ability to use a keyboard and computer screen to enter and retrieve data.
Requisition ID 1226
Suite 100, 11020 West Plank Court
Wisconsin United States
Other relevant information
Corix values diversity and endeavors to build upon this vital strength. Corix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.