At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Saint Bruno, Quebec, you will support integration and field support of vehicle systems (HVAC, Doors, Propulsion, Braking, etc.) for small, medium and large scale projects. You will be part of the System Engineering Field Intervention Team.
In your role you will:
- Follow the Technical Issues (TI) advancement and active work to close them as fast possible;
- Collaborate with System Engineering cells, identify the root cause and help the responsible engineer to issue the solution;
- Manage with Bombardier Transportation Americas Product Introduction (PI) on site engineers to implement the solutions on trains;
- Make sure there is a thoroughly understanding on the solution (modification) implementation;
- Analyze reports from PI or onsite engineers on the issues considered as system anomalies or design flaws;
- Prepare test procedures in order collect date and determine the root cause;
- Conduct troubleshooting on site;
- Issue reports to customer, Emergency Field Modifications (EFM) and System Validation (SV) as required;
- Participate to the process improvement activities and development of methods/tools to improve performance and lessons learned.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM ENGINEER
REQUISITION NUMBER: T-BTNA-ENG-CASBb0107
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering field or equivalent;
- You possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position;
- You possess a solid experience in the Railway industry;
- You possess excellent analytical skills;
- You are available to travel more than 60% of your time in Canada and United-States;
- Your English and French communication skills spoken and written are excellent.
Additional information: Because of the incumbent of this position you must be able to travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.