AltaLink is Alberta’s largest transmission company, supplying safe and reliable electricity to more than 85% of Alberta’s population. AltaLink is taking on new challenges in the middle of Canada’s fastest growing economy. We are doing everything in our power to attract and keep the best and brightest to expand our team of top-notch professionals. We are proud of our collaborative culture, expertise and record of safety and operational excellence. We offer work with meaning, incredible opportunities for development, work life balance and opportunities to contribute to your community. Join our growing team! NOTE: This is a full time 1 year term position This position reports to the Manager, General Accounting, while also being provided with guidance from the Accounts Payable Accountant II and the Senior Accounts Payable Analyst. This role is responsible for timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices as well as ensuring expenses are in compliance with corporate policies. The Accounts Payable Accountant I role involves frequent contact with vendors and co-workers in addressing questions and issues and maintaining positive relationships with them.
- Scanning and verifying PO and Non-PO invoices accurately.
- Distributing invoices electronically to the appropriate coders/approvers.
- Ensuring taxes, holdbacks, prepaids and special payment terms are handled correctly.
- With assistance from the Accounts Payable Accountant II, ensuring compliance with applicable corporate and accounting policies.
- Identifying and resolving PO matching issues (i.e. PO, goods receipt and invoice) and assisting with posting of PO invoices.
- Reviewing non-PO invoices for reasonableness prior to posting, including coding.
- Understanding and resolving vendor or internal queries, issues and exceptions.
- Entering payment requests, employee expense claims and journal vouchers.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and follow up of outstanding items.
- Communicating with vendors and co-workers to resolve invoicing related issues.
- Other tasks as assigned.