Fitness for Duty (FFD):
Manage the FFD program which includes supervisor consults, triage, and referrals to medical evaluators. Establish a case management approach for FFD medical cases that provides more support to both employees and their supervisors. Assist in revision of FFD related policies and procedures to develop a cohesive approach to functional capacity and return to work. Facilitate FFD determination and define individual action plans, including treatment recommendations and referrals, medical leaves of absence, and a return to work plan. Coordinate with Return To Work team to help assess the essential job requirements to facilitate a safe return to work. Consult with Employee Assistance Program for cases with psychological, substance abuse problems or threats of workplace violence.
Disability Case Management (DCM):
Responsible for managing current disability case management processes as well as developing future programs/processes that focus on influencing medical care to achieve maximum medical improvement and to minimize permanent disability, as well as on facilitating the disabled employee's safe and timely return to work. Establish, implement and manage mechanisms for an overall DCM strategy with IDM vendor partners. Assist in building strategy and implementation of a catastrophic case management program and process. Consult on clinical protocols for the workers' compensation customized medical provider network, 24/7 Nurse Report Line, leave of absence and disability management programs. Serve as a consultant, as needed, for Workforce Health regarding clinical questions or issues. Ensures that the various programs and processes for FFD and DCM are truly industry best practice and partners to ensure appropriate change management protocols are implemented and followed.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field or equivalent work experience
- Seven years of progressive experience in clinical/case management positions
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in California
- Experience with a large complex company e.g. 10,000 + employees, union representation and/or regulated industry
- National certification such as Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN), Certified Case Manger
- (CCM), Certified Registered Rehabilitation Nurse (CRRN), Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), or Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRD)
- Expertise with best practice benchmarking, analytics and metrics
- Exceptional customer service focus and strong time management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong team work and team building skills and competencies
Apply for this position