The successful candidate will be responsible for tracking, managing and making recommendations of approval to the Air Force for every action, test, anomaly, etc., that is planned or has occurred to a space vehicle (SV). To carry out the function requires a high degree of organization, in depth knowledge and experience in Mil Std 1540 space testing at the SV level. The position will focus mainly in the following areas: Managing the government oversight of Test Readiness, Test Results, Consent to Break and Post Test reviews along with tracking all anomalies for an SV.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS
- The testing environment is very dynamic and often is carried on 24/7. It is expected that the candidate will adjust their working hours to accommodate the proper tracking of the vehicle. Candidate should expect to work at least 40 to 45 hours per week with occasional one hour phone coverage off hours and on weekends.
- The candidate must have electrical engineering design and / or testing experience.
- BS Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering and 10 years of relevant experience including 5 years design and/or testing of space vehicles experienceMSEE desired.
- In depth knowledge of Mil Std 1540 testing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead or influence desired outcomes from all stakeholders; excellent communications skills at all levels.
- Desired experience in GPS payload design / testing
- Desired experience or knowledge of AF acquisition regulations
Leidos Overview: Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for this position
11951 Freedom Drive
Virginia United States