- Specific duties include overseeing the performance of assigned systems to ensure nuclear safety, regulatory compliance and superior system reliability and availability, monitoring systems for adverse conditions, assessing system operations and maintenance experience, evaluating industry and vendor experience to determine appropriate preventative and corrective action. Provide leadership in the performance of long range planning for resolution of system technical issues based on industry/regulatory issues, equipment obsolescence and day-to-day operations. Provide high quality technical assistance associated with system modifications and operating, maintenance and testing procedures.
- Develop schedules, utilize work management tools, and perform assignments for engineering related activities to support site and fleet goals. Miscellaneous activities as assigned.
- Attend department and plant meetings and industry/fleet activities. Attend training.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-6+ years of nuclear experience required.
- Previous ICES,MSPI and MR experience is highly preferred.
- For engineering hierarchy: Post-bachelor's degree (master's or professional school equivalent) in engineering or other technical field preferred.
- Minimum qualifications, which apply to all levels in the engineering hierarchy, require a four-year engineering degree from an American Board of Engineering Technology (ABET) accredited institution. The applicability of the degree shall be documented at time of hiring.
- Minimum educational qualifications, for an Analyst Position a two year technical degree or equivalent is required. The applicability of the degree shall be documented at time of hiring.
- This position is a union position and will be filled in either the Analyst or Engineer hierarchical.
- The successful candidate will be placed at the commensurate with the candidate's skills and experience.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).