Manages the day-to-day operations of the Transmission engineering group which has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, and organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans as they relate to the delivery of capital transmission projects.
Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees and responsible for management of employee salaries. Implements and supports Company programs and policies. Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Apply transmission engineering management principles to support the Company's transmission field operations, including site studies, structural selection and evaluation, facilities technical studies, planning, and implementing capital projects.
- Ensure transmission design processes are supported technical resources and manage issues associated with transmission field operations.
- Responsible for daily communication of expectations, coaching employees, providing ongoing feedback, and working collaboratively with other departments.
- Daily communication and coordination with engineering management, transmission field operations, area planning, civil/structural engineering, protection & control engineering, communications engineering, metering engineering, project management, and delivery assurance.
- Facilitate change, develop others, foster continuous improvement and drive for compliance to a developed standard.
- Promote activities that have an overall transmission, substation, and distribution level perspective.
- Assess industry practices as well as local factors that have a direct impact on performance both physical and financial.
- Ensure that the best technical processes and engineering practices are applied across the generation.
- Oversee process centered transition activities and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, or local regulations.
- Recommend and implement action plans for achieving objectives.
- Select, coach, and develop employees.
- Review and evaluate employee performance and prepare annual reviews.